5 Tips for Post-Workout Recovery
Sticking to a daily workout routine is one of the best ways to stay on track with your overall health and wellness goals. Whether you are just getting started or a seasoned exerciser, post-workout recovery is essential when it comes to achieving results while feeling your best. If you aren’t sure where to start, here are 5 simple tips to help you curate your own post-workout routine so you can recover faster and feel great the next day.
As always, check with your doctor or health care provider before starting a new exercise or post-workout recovery routine.
- 1. Stretch. It may be tempting to skip stretching after working out, but this is actually one of the most important parts of your overall routine. Not only can stretching help decrease muscle tension, but it can also help increase your overall flexibility and reduce your chances of injury during the next workout. If you are looking for some guidance, Healthline has 6 Great Post Workout Stretches you can try here.
- 2. Eat a Protein-Filled Snack. Consuming a healthy, protein-rich snack after working out can help to restore energy and boost muscle repair. It can also help curb unhealthy cravings later in the day! Some satisfying and healthy options include a homemade fruit smoothie with protein powder, a hard-boiled egg with hummus, or apple slices with nut butter.
- 3. Stay Hydrated. Drinking water while working out can help to replace the fluids you lose through sweat. While it’s a no-brainer to stay hydrated while working out, it can be easy to forget to continue to hydrate once the exercise is complete. Healthy, active adults should aim to consumer eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day which is equivalent to about half a gallon. If you need help keeping track you may want to try a daily intake water bottle that you can prefill in the morning and sip all day long.
- 4. Give Sore Muscles Some TLC. While your post-workout stretching routine will help reduce muscle tension that built up during exercise, some spots may need some extra attention. Our best-selling CBD infused pain balm is a simple and effective way to ease muscle and joint pain after working out – or any time of the day. For trouble spots with chronic soreness and tension, using a foam roller at home or getting a massage can also help.
- 5. Get Plenty of Sleep. Your body needs optimal rest every night in order to repair, recover, and strengthen after working out. In order to get 7-9 hours of quality sleep, it’s important to stick to a regular bedtime and adopt a relaxing bedtime routine that helps unwind both your body and mind. Some of our favorites include taking a warm bath, doing gentle nighttime yoga, journaling, and adding some of our Vanilla CBD tincture to caffeine-free tea.
With the right post-workout recovery routine, you can help reduce muscles and joint pain, stay energized, and feel your best so you can stay on track with your daily workouts!
Note: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.BACK